Halloween is by far my favorite holiday. Pumpkin carving, haunted houses, and dress up parties are just a few of my fave things. So I’m really excited to share some costume ideas that won’t require anything but a dig through your closet and some makeup. During the month of October, these Halloween posts will be featured on ModCloth, which has lots more Halloween inspiration, and fun lifestyle, fashion and beauty tips, so check it out!
I’m starting off this series with a classic costume – the witch. If you haven’t been a witch at some point in your life, then you’re either not into dressing up, or you’re so in to dressing up that a witch just isn’t creative enough (go you!). Adding a black dress with a jacket and a hat (I got this one from the 99 cent store) rounds out this easy but pretty, classic costume.
Things You’ll Need:
Black gel or liquid liner
Black eyeliner pencil
Large lashes and lash glue
Red lipstick or lip gloss
Makeup brushes for application
1. Start by applying the green cream shadow all over lid, up to brow bone and underneath lower lashes. No need to be perfect. You can smudge out the edges with your finger.
2. Define the eye socket by putting a darker green shimmery powder in the outer corners and blend inward and upward.
3. Using a gel or liquid liner, draw a dramatic cat eye and connect along the eye socket for added drama. You can make this as big or as little as you like.
4. Add your lashes, using dark lash glue. I found some really fun feathery ones at the drugstore for $5.
5. Finish the look by lining your inner rims with black liner and filling in your brows with the same black liner. Blondes can do this too – a black brow makes a statement and is costume appropriate.
6. To make the look come together, add a red lip and top with a witch’s hat. Done!