‘Tis the season for holiday parties and date nights! Throw this hairstyle into your rotation for instant foxiness. All you need is a curling iron, some bobby pins, hair spray, and a comb. If you’re headed after work and don’t have time to go home, just switch your part for added volume and scrunch in some texturizing spray. Easy-peasy.
1. Wrap sections of hair around the curling iron and switch directions for a more natural look.
2. Rake your fingers through the curls to break them up.
3. Mist hair spray for added hold.
4. You can use a comb to make a side part, or use your fingers for a rougher look. Take the section of hair by your temple and french braid down, behind your ear. Secure by criss-crossing bobby pins, hiding them under a section of hair.
5. Voila! Date-worthy tousled waves, with a peek-a-boo side braid.
There’s a (fairly) new bad bitch in town and her name is “texture spray”. It’s not quite a dry shampoo or a beach spray, but something in-between. Dry texturizing sprays have been on the market for a while (Oribe’s has been a staple in my bathroom for a couple years now), but they’re now popping up everywhere from salons to drug stores. Every company seems to want to get in on the amazing action, which I’m pretty happy about.